Jounce Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical stage immunotherapy company dedicated to transforming the treatment of cancer by developing therapies that enable the immune system to attack tumors and provide long‑lasting benefits to patients. Through the use of its Translational Science Platform, Jounce first focuses on specific cell types within tumors to prioritize targets, and then identifies related biomarkers designed to match the right therapy to the right patient. Jounce’s lead product candidate, JTX-2011, is a monoclonal antibody that binds to and activates ICOS and is currently in the Phase 2 portion of the Phase 1/2 ICONIC trial. For more information, please visit www.jouncetx.com.
The successful candidate will be an experienced bench scientist engaged in the discovery and testing of novel cancer immunotherapeutic biologics. Responsibilities include designing, developing, and conducting experiments aimed at identifying optimal therapeutic candidates and understanding the mechanism of action of our therapeutic molecules (mostly monoclonal antibodies). S/he will have the opportunity to work independently and collaboratively to advance portfolio programs in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Assay systems will include: multi-color flow cytometry, ELISA and multiplex technologies, proliferation assays, and primary immune cell isolation. S/he will be responsible for data analysis, thorough documentation of work, and clear communication of results in group settings.
• B.S./M.S. in biology, biochemistry, immunology or related discipline with 2 + years of industry experience (preferred)
• A working knowledge of fundamental immunological principles
• Extensive experience with cell-based assays using primary cells and ex vivo analyses such as MLR, and T cell activation/proliferation assays.
• Hands-on experience with: flow cytometry, isolation and manipulation of human blood cells, in vitro functional assays, multiplex ELISA systems.
• Excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills
• Deadline-driven, results oriented approach to advance programs according to timelines
• Able to thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, team-oriented environment, but with the capacity to work independently.
• Experience with myeloid cell biology and myeloid cell assays is advantageous
Jounce Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in it’s employment decisions on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, religion, creed, sex, or political beliefs. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. All applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the U.S.
To apply, please visit https://careers-jouncetx.icims.com/.