Jounce Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical stage immunotherapy company dedicated to transforming the treatment of cancer by developing therapies that enable the immune system to attack tumors and provide long lasting benefits to patients. Through the use of its Translational Science Platform, Jounce first focuses on specific cell types within tumors to prioritize targets, and then identifies related biomarkers designed to match the right therapy to the right patient. Jounce’s lead product candidate, JTX-2011, is a monoclonal antibody that binds to and activates ICOS and is currently in a Phase 1/2 trial. For more information, please visit http://jouncetx.com/
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Senior Staff Accountant will be responsible for maintaining and developing strong accounting processes and internal controls to ensure key accounts are reconciled in accordance with GAAP and transactions are processed and recorded timely. This is an exciting position in the dynamic field of immuno-oncology which provides opportunity for growth in a fast-paced, public company.
Compile and analyze financial information, record monthly journal entries, reconcile general ledger accounts and prepare monthly reconciliations, account for financial impact of significant contracts, process and record payroll as needed, provide accounts payable support as needed, assist with ad hoc projects as needed.
• Responsible for completion of the month-end close process including timely completion of balance sheet reconciliations (e.g., prepaids, fixed assets, accruals, etc.).
• Work with budget owners outside of Finance to ensure proper accounting and forecasting for significant contracts
• Oversee Staff Accountant and assist with payroll and accounts payable as needed, including invoice entry, vendor setup, and payment processing.
• Assist with stock plan administration as needed.
• Work closely with budget owners to ensure invoices and expenses are recorded accurately to facilitate meaningful budget-to-actual financial reporting.
• Act as liaison between Finance and other departments as required.
• Support and adhere to SOX internal control policies and procedures and identify areas where improvements can be made.
• Drive internal process improvements and continually identify opportunities for automation.
• Provide accounting support for external audit requests, special projects and ad-hoc reporting and analysis as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
• 2-4 years in Finance/Accounting (1-3 years in a public accounting firm strongly preferred). Biotech/pharmaceutical experience a plus.
• CPA license or concrete plan for obtaining CPA license
• Able to handle multiple projects in a fast paced, deadline driven work environment
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficient in Excel
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• Self-motivated problem solver
• Able to work well independently and make informed decisions